These Halloween Mummy Dogs make the perfect fun addition for your Halloween party or dinner. We make this mummy hot dog recipe every year as it is an easy fun dinner for my kids and every year they love them!
These hot dogs are easily made with a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls, (you can use a can of Pillsbury pizza dough too but I like the flakiness of the crescent rolls) hot dogs, and whatever kind of candy eyes your kids like, that’s it. It doesn’t get any easier!
I will walk you through exactly how I made these with all the tips and tricks I used to make these yummy Halloween Mummy Dogs!
First, unwrap your crescent rolls and use your fingers to pinch the dough together so it’s one big rectangle.
Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut the dough into roughly 10 small strips to wrap around the hotdogs.
Wrap one peice of dough around each hotdog, making sure to leave a space for the eyes. Please wrapped hotdogs on a parchment lined baking dish. Bake for 13-15 minutes until dough is golden brown.
Add a dot of ketchup or mustard as your “glue” to set the googly eyes on your hotdog mummy. You could also just use ketchup or mustard as the eyes.
- One package of Hotdogs
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Googly Eyes
- Ketchup or Mustard "glue"
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Unwrap the crescent roll dough, lay flat. Pinch together the perforations in the dough to form one large rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into about 10 long skinny pieces.
- Wrap one piece of dough around each individual hot dog to create the look of the mummy. Make sure you leave a space for the eyes.
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs about 1⁄2 inch apart.
- Lightly spray the hot dogs with cooking spray if you choose to do so.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the dough is a light golden brown and the hot dogs are hot.
- Add dots of ketchup or mustard for the eyes, this will serve as a "glue" for the candy eyes. (An alternative would be to use just the ketchup or mustard)
- Serve warm for a spooky night!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1573Total Fat: 138gSaturated Fat: 55gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 63gCholesterol: 278mgSodium: 4168mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 55g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.
Your kids are sure to LOVE these cute Halloween Mummy Hotdogs!