It's officially springtime, and that means it's time to break out the fresh produce! This Vegan Green Goddess Spring Salad is the perfect way to celebrate the season. The combination of crisp greens, crunchy cashews, juicy mandarin oranges, and creamy avocado is irresistible. And the best part? The homemade vegan dairy free green goddess dressing is absolutely delicious. So healthy and tasty—you'll love it!
Green Goddess Spring Salad
Green Goddess dressing has recently got a big boost from a tiktok video from ‘Baked by Melissa and it looks pretty delicious! After seeing the video I decided to share how I like to make my own green goddess salad. This is such a good spring salad recipe with mandarin oranges is such a fantastic, fresh, and healthy meal made with a vegan dairy-free green goddess dressing. You can change up the ingredients to whatever type of vegetables or fruit that you like best -but I especially love how it's served with mandarin oranges for an added flavor surprise.
Ingredients You Will Need:
For Easy Spring Salad:
- Spring Salad Mix - I like the Spring Mix which has a variety of lettuces.
- Avocado - Use an avocado that is ripe, but not too soft.
- Cashews - I used roasted cashews you could also use walnuts or pecans
- Mandarin Oranges - I like Mandarin oranges in this salad, but you could also use raisins or dried cranberries.
Ingredients For Homemade Green Goddess Dressing:
- Plan Vegan Greek Yogurt- thickens the salad dressing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - this gives the dressing a little tanginess.
- Olive Oil - I use extra virgin olive oil with a mild flavor.
- Green Onion - cut off the white root and use the rest.
- Parsley- Use fresh parsley in this recipe.
- Basil - Use basil that is fresh in this recipe
- Lemon Juice- For the best flavor, use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
How To Make Spring Salad With Mandarin Oranges:
The best way to create a delicious spring salad with mandarin oranges and avocado is by following these simple steps. Preparing and tossing fresh ingredients together in an artistic mixture that will make your guests want more of this easy spring salad with dairy-free green goddess dressing!
Start by washing your spring salad in a salad spinner or a colander and place them in a large serving bowl. Next, peel and section the mandarin oranges and place them in the bowl with the salad. Then, slice the avocado into slices and roughly chop the nuts up. Add them both to the bowl with the salad and mandarin oranges.
How to Make Vegan Dairy Free Green Goddess Dressing
The process is very simple, it only takes a few steps. Besides adding the yogurt first the vegan goddess dressing will turn out the same no matter what order you add the rest of the ingredients. You can get the full recipe for this dairy-free vegan green goddess dressing here.
First, roughly chop the green onions, parsley, and basil this step will assure everything gets nicely chopped up in the food processor.
Then add the vegan greek yogurt first to the food processor followed by the chopped green onions, parsley, basil, and apple cider vinegar.
Use a garlic press to press garlic into the food processor. Add in the olive oil and squeeze the juice from half a lemon on top of the other ingredients in the food processor. Pulse several times to begin to blend. Scrape the sides of the food processor and pulse a few more times until blended and smooth. Transfer homemade vegan green goddess dressing to a glass jar with a lid. Keep green goddess dressing in the refrigerator.
How to Store Green Goddess Spring Salad
You want to store the spring salad and the green goddess dressing separately. I would not pour all of the dressing straight into the big bowl unless you are sure that you will eat it all in one sitting. Leaving the vegan green goddess dressing on the salad for hours or overnight will make the greens wilted and not crispy and tasty. So store the salad separately in an air-tight container and the dressing in a mason jar with the lid closed tightly or in an air-tight container and keep both in the refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Green Goddess Dressing Have Soy?
This vegan green goddess dressing will only have soy if you use soy-based greek yogurt. So that will be completely up to you.
The Best Vegan Greek Yogurts To Use?
Our favorite dairy-free greek yogurts are Daiya's Plain Greek Yogurt Alternative, Kitehill Plain Greek Yogurt, and it's not as thick but it still works and tastes good SoDelicious plain yogurt. If you already have a favorite greek yogurt you can just use that.
What Does Green Goddess Dressing Taste Like?
This dressing is smooth, creamy, and bursting with fresh flavor. It has hints of lemon, is slightly sweet, and is full of freshness from the Basil, parsley, and green onions. It might just be my favorite salad dressing ever!
What is a spring Salad?
Spring salad mix is a variety of lettuces and greens that are harvested in the early spring. The mix typically includes Baby spinach, red leaf lettuce, and Romaine lettuce. Spring salad mix is a nutritious and refreshing addition to any meal. Spring salad mix is a great way to get your daily dose of leafy greens. So next time you're looking for a healthy and delicious option for lunch or dinner, look no further than spring salad mix.
Is Spring Salad Healthy?
Spring salads are a great source of fiber and antioxidants, which can help to protect your cells from damage. So whether you're looking for a light lunch or a satisfying side dish, a spring salad is a great option.
More Salad Recipes For You To Try
Green Goddess Spring Salad
Ingredients For Spring Salad
- 4 cups Spring Salad Mix
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cups Cashews. chopped
- 3 Mandarin Oranges, peeled
Ingredients For Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup Vegan Greek Yogurt See notes
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vineger
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Green Onion
- 1 cup Parsley
- 1 cup Basil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch Salt, to taste
Instructions for Spring Salad
- Start by washing your spring salad in a salad spinner or a colander and place them in a large serving bowl.
- Peel and section the mandarin oranges and place them in the bowl with the salad.
- Slice the avocado into thin slices and roughly chop the nuts up. Add them both to the bowl with the salad and mandarin oranges.
Instructions for Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- Add vegan greek yogurt to the food processor
- Roughly chop the green onions, parsley, and basil, and garlic this step will assure everything gets nicely chopped up in the food processor. Add them to the food processor
- Add in the olive oil and squeeze the juice from half a lemon on top of the other ingredients in the food processor.
- Pulse several times to begin to blend. Scrape the sides of the food processor and pulse a few more times. You may need to scrape the sides again and pulse a few more times until all ingredients are well blended and smooth.
- Transfer homemade vegan green goddess dressing into a spouted serving container for drizzling or transfer it to a glass jar with a lid.