Hi, I'm Renee. I started Grab the Mangos in February of 2019 to share affordable, healthier, easy-to-make recipes and make healthy living a little more accessible to people.
I have been cooking since I was little. I'm the oldest of 6 kids and we did not have a lot of money growing up. Now I have 2 kids of my own and of course, we try to eat healthily and live well. Is it easy? Not always. But it certainly is easier knowing that:
- Not everything has to be healthy all the time, and in fact I don't think that actually IS healthy. Relax and live a little.
- Healthy can be affordable but it WILL look different than "Instagram healthy."
- Fancy kitchen equipment, elaborate steps, and ingredients that aren't at your basic grocery store are always going to make it harder to be healthy. So we skip all that on this blog. Any kitchen equipment I use is usually around or under $20. Not to mention that anything bigger won't fit on our boat!
Trust me, I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive microgreens or something any more than you do. So let's make these easy, simple, healthier recipes together.
Favorite Recipes on the Blog:
- Cardamom Chickpea Blondies
- Skillet Apple Crumble
- Chickpea Orange Bars
- Salt and Vinegar French Fries
- Heath Bar Cookies
- Coconut Whipped Milk
Do you do anything else?
I love doing food photography and I photograph for a few restaurants in the Twin Cities regularly. I also do freelance photography for other food bloggers, and make food recipe videos on YouTube. Email me at [email protected] if you want to know more.
We're getting ready to sail the world at the end of the summer of 2021. Follow along by following over on our Instagram!