This strawberry smoothie is absolutely delicious! It is made with only 4 ingredients so it couldn't be easier and best of all it is gluten and dairy-free. It makes the perfect quick on-the-go breakfast that even picky eaters will love! This is made with frozen strawberries so you can enjoy it year-round, not just during strawberry season.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and buy, I may make a commission at no cost to you. See my policy for more information.
The best Healthy dairy free strawberry smoothie
Smoothies are so easy to throw together for a healthy quick breakfast or any time of day snack. I like to use smoothies as a way to sneak healthy foods into my kid's day and they never turn down this delicious treat! And it really doesn't get any easier than 4 ingredients and about 5 minutes!
Why you should use frozen strawberries
How do you make your smoothies thicker? By using frozen fruits. It makes them thick and frosty and more flavorful. I find when I use ice it can water them down and take some of the flavors away. Sometimes I will freeze my fresh strawberries if that is what I have on hand. But this recipe will work with ice if that is the way you want to make it.
Is frozen fruit as nutritious as fresh fruit?
Studies have found that freezing your fruit will actually help them hold their nutritional value better than when they are stored in the refrigerator for 5 or more days. "When accounting for a storage period that mimics that employed by consumers," write the researchers, "our findings do not support the common perception that fresh produce is nutritionally superior to frozen produce." So you don’t have to worry about using frozen fruit in your smoothies; it will still be very nutritious and healthy.
- Frozen Strawberries - We used frozen strawberries but you can use fresh. We like frozen so you can skip the ice and they make the texture of this smoothie perfect!
- Coconut Milk (or almond, cashew, soy milk) - You need the correct amount of liquid to make the perfect smoothie. I used almond milk when making this but you can use whatever milk you prefer.
- Dairy Free Plain Yogurt - I like the Silk almond milk one but there are lots of good brands use whatever is your favorite.
- Raw Honey - For a touch of sweetness. If your making this vegan use agave or pure maple syrup.
How to make smoothie
This is the easiest recipe all you really need to know is the number of ingredients to use and the rest is super simple.
- In a blender add milk, yogurt, frozen strawberries, and honey. Add milk first so that the blender is able to mix everything evenly.
- Blend until creamy and frothy. Stopping to scrap down the sides as needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Dairy free milk - you can pretty much use whatever dairy free milk is your favorite. I have used both almond and coconut milk and both were very good.
- Sweetner - I used honey but if you are vegan you can use agave or even maple syrup and the results will be very simular.
Optional add-ins and variations
- Banana- Adding a banana is a great option and you can omit the yogurt if you want.
- Mango- Substute one cup of the strawberries for frozen mango for a more tropical flavor.
- Pineapple- substute one cup of the strawberries for a cup of frozen pineapple.
- Vanilla- Add ¼ teaspoon to give a little more flavor to your smoothie
- Nut Butter- I prefer almond butter with this smoothie it goes very well with the strawberries but you can try it out with your favorite nut butter. I would add 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Ground flax seed- Is rich in Omega-3's and fiber so I love adding a tablespoon or two in my smoothies.
Smoothies are best eaten immediately. But this strawberry smoothie can last 1 to 2 days refrigerated, stored in a mason jar or a sealed container with the lid on. It may separate, which is normal so shake it up before drinking.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups dairy free milk
- ½ cup dairy free yogurt
- ½ cups honey (agave if vegan)
- In a blender first, add milk, then yogurt, frozen strawberries, and honey.
- Blend, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Blend until creamy and frothy
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 4gSugar: 94gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.
Best Blenders for making smoothies
Using a hide speed blender really will help you get the best results when making an at-home smoothie. A Vitamix will definitely get the job done but they are pretty pricey. I find this Ninja Blender works very well when making smoothies and is a lot more affordable.
Other smoothie recipes for you to try
Tag us on Instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don't forget to pin and save it for next time!