Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate? I mean honestly, name a better duo. This chia seed peanut butter cookie dough is only 4 ingredients and so so yummy! Make it to be a no bake peanut butter and chocolate truffle or bake it to be the most chewy and delicious peanut butter cookies ever. Either one you make, this recipe is so crazy good, the dough may not even make it past the bowl stage.
Chia Seed Eggs
So first things first, this recipe uses chia seed as an egg replacement. Think of eggs in baking like the glue that holds the dough together. This chia seed replacement does the same thing and adds a super delicious crunchy texture to the chewy cookie and to the soft truffle.
Replacing normal eggs in this recipe adds a lot of benefits. Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, and quality protein. Along with all the protein in peanut butter, these treats are super high in protein especially. I love using chia seed egg replacements when I have run out of eggs but still want some treats.
Chia Seed Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles
It's summer and it is hot. All over people have been dealing with massive heat waves. No one wants to turn on the oven and bake just to have an amazing dessert treat. These little truffles are perfect for just this.
No baking required. Mix your dough ingredients up well, peanut butter, chia seed eggs, sugar, and a little coconut flour and form little balls. Freeze the balls of dough for about 20-30 minutes until slightly set and easier to handle. Roll in melted chocolate and freeze for another 30 minutes. No oven, no baking, no heat. Super simple and easy, and absolutely yummy!
Baking Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
If you just really want a cookie and don't care about turning your oven on, this dough gives you the most chewy and delicious cookies ever. Seriously so yummy!
Make the exact same dough, peanut butter, sugar, chia seed eggs, and a little coconut flour. This time place the dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a fork, press the classic peanut butter cookie criss cross into the tops of them like a hashtag. The best way to do this without squashing or ruining the cookie is to press gently and then let the fork slide out instead of lifting it right out.
Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes. They will spread so make sure you place them at least an inch away from each other. Once they are done baking, let them cool completely for about 20-30 minutes before drizzling melted chocolate over the tops and eating them up.
Whether you make the no bake truffles or the delicious cookies, this 2 in 1 recipe for chia seed peanut butter cookie dough is going to be a favorite! It barely made it out of the bowl over here 😉
Tag us on Instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don't forget to pin and save it for next time!
If you love this recipe, definitely try out these other dessert options:
- 1 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Chia Seed Eggs, SEE NOTES
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (for drizzling)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- FOR BAKED COOKIES:
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about an inch or more apart to allow for spreading.
- Using a fork, make one imprint going one way across the dough ball and a second imprint going the other way across the dough ball (like a hashtag).
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While they bake, use the microwave to melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil- 1 minute then stir, then 30 seconds-1 minute more and stir again.
- Let these cool completely (20-30 minutes) and then drizzle on the chocolate. Enjoy!
- FOR DOUGH BALLS:
- Make the cookie dough the same as above.
- Roll into balls and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Coat or drizzle in the coconut oil chocolate mixture, and freeze for another 10-15 minutes until set.