Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we are definitely celebrating with this AHHmazing gluten free and dairy free chickpea pumpkin pie. That's right, this homemade pumpkin pie has canned pumpkin puree and a whole can of chickpeas blended in for silky creamy perfection that is still dairy free. Pour all of that yummy mixture on top of a gluten free almond meal crumble crust flavored with ginger and cinnamon. Your guests won't even know that this is a healthy pumpkin pie!
Almond Meal Gluten Free Pie Crust
This pie crust is probably one of my favorites. Sure, I love the classic flaky pie crust. But, this one is easily gluten free and quick to make with no chilling or waiting or rolling out. It also gives the pie a crumble texture which is always yummy! Easy peasy!
Right in the pie plate, combine your almond meal with the cinnamon and ginger and mix it up evenly. Then add your olive oil and maple syrup.
Using just your hands, press the crumble into the bottom of the pie plate nice and evenly. Just like a gram cracker crust, press it firmly to shape it and give it structure. This crust is just for the bottom of the pie. You can slightly press it up the edges, but only minimally. Make sure it is all even.
Bake the pie crust just like that for about 10 minutes at 375. Let it cool while you make the pie filling!
Dairy Free Chickpea Pumpkin Pie
This recipe is super easy to make. It's not fully vegan because it has eggs in it, but it is fully dairy free and gluten free. So yay! The chickpeas give this classic pie that creamy and silky texture without all the cream.
Everything goes into the blender making this pie even easier than a regular recipe. Starting with the drained can of chickpeas (save the liquid to make aquafaba whipped cream), add your maple syrup and your almond milk.
Blend these together, pureeing until the mixture is completely smooth. Then you can add the pumpkin puree, spices, vanilla, and eggs. Blend it all together until smooth.
Pour the chickpea pumpkin mixture into your cooled pie crust and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350. When a knife or toothpick inserted one inch from the edge of the crust comes out clean, then it's done! Enjoy with some aquafaba whipped cream and a cup of coffee. YUM!
Tag us on Instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don't forget to pin and save it for next time!
More Sweet recipes for you to love
- Aquafaba Whipped Cream
- Skillet Gluten Free Apple Crumble
- Apple Pie Coffee Cake
- Chickpea Cardamom Blondies
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 can Chickpeas (drained)
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- (Brown Sugar for sprinkling on top)
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Directly in your pie plate, add the almond meal and spices and mix together thoroughly.
- Add in your olive oil and maple syrup and mix into a wet crumble.
- Press the crumble into the bottom of the pie plate evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then leave out to cool.
- When the pie crust is done, pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a blender, puree the drained chickpeas, almond milk, and maple syrup until silky smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the spices, eggs, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin chickpea mixture into the cooled pie crust.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. When a knife or toothpick is inserted 1 inch from the edge of the pie and comes out clean, then it's done!
- Let cool and enjoy with some dairy free whipped cream
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 8gSugar: 26gProtein: 10g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.