These are our absolute favorite extra fluffy cinnamon pancakes! They have that buttermilk fluffiness mixed with a little bit of chewiness to make them perfect. The rest of the family usually doesn't even wait for them all to be done cooking before they start eating them.
What does buttermilk do in pancakes?
The mixture of ACV (apple cider vinegar) and some milk forms a homemade buttermilk giving these pancakes that amazing flavor. When you mix the buttermilk with baking soda these pancakes get an extra rise that makes them so fluffy.
Always try to get the unpasteurized and unfiltered ACV that has what's called the "mother" in it. This is all the floaty stuff at the bottom that you shake up. The pancakes and most recipes will work just fine without this detail but to have it is much healthier. The "mother" in ACV is strands of proteins, enzymes, and healthy bacteria that your body will love getting.
How to make Fluffy Pancakes
In a glass measuring cup, combine the milk and the Apple Cider Vinegar to form the buttermilk mixture that makes these pancakes so so freaking good! Set that aside to get all frothy and buttermilk-y.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in a nice big mixing bowl and add the buttermilk mixture last forming the pancake batter. Be careful not to over mix. They will be so much more rich and fluffy if you let it be after combining. Let that buttermilk do it's thang!
How do you know when to flip a pancake?
See those bubbles forming and beginning to pop on the top of the pancake in the above picture? As soon as you see those little bubbles on the top of the pancake batter in the pan begin to form and pop, it's time to flip your flapjack!
Once you've made these pancakes, you'll never go back to box mixes again! They even reheat well. Just pop them in the toaster and they taste as good as fresh.
We love to add chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, blueberries, or really anything on hand into the batter before cooking. Almond butter or some powdered sugar on top is absolutely delicious as well. Make these extra fluffy cinnamon pancakes your own and enjoy!
Tag us on Instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don't forget to pin and save it for next time!
More Sweet recipes for you to love
- Healthy Banana Oat Pancakes
- Almond Flour Strawberry Pancakes
- Sausage + Spinach Egg Cups
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Using a liquid measuring cup combine the apple cider vinegar and milk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir together.
- Add the milk and vinegar mixture to the bowl and mix well until combined.
- Heat a small dollop of butter on the pan or griddle on medium to low heat.
- Once butter is melted completely, use a ¼ cup measuring cup to spoon batter onto the pan.
- Cook on medium to low heat for about 3 min on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup (almond butter also a tasty option).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.