There's nothing like a big pot of chili to warm you up on a cold day. This Easy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is one of our favorites – it's budget-friendly and so easy to make. Plus, the combination of flavors is delicious! If you're looking for a new chili recipe to try, be sure to give this one a go. You won't be disappointed!
Easy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Instant Pot recipes are all the rage right now, and for good reason! They're quick, easy, and delicious. If you're looking for an affordable hearty and comforting chili recipe, this easy Instant Pot white chicken chili is perfect for you! It's made with just a few simple inexpensive ingredients, and it's so delicious and satisfying. Plus, it's easy to customize according to your preferences.
Ingredents For Easy Instant Pot White Chili
- Chicken Breast - For this recipe, you’ll want to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Chicken Broth - Whatever your favorite brand is will be fine or homemade if you have it.
- Frozen Corn - I use white and yellow mix but you could also just use yellow.
- Cream Cheese - Makes this chili creamy and delicous/.
- Garlic- Fresh garlic will yield MUCH better flavor than pre-minced.
- Green Chiles - depending on how much heat you want to add to the chili, get mild or hot.
- Jalapeno- If you don't like a lot of spice take out the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno that will make it much less spicy.
- Yellow Onion- diced yellow onion is best, but white will also work.
- Beans - Use great northen beans, navy beans, or cannellini beans. I used canned great northern beans
- Chili Powder
White chili is so easy to make and with food prices going up, it's a very affordable dinner. You can enjoy this delicious dish without having any worries about the cost or flavors!
Dice up both your onion and jalapenos for the white chili. If you do not like your chili to be spicy you can leave out the jalapeno or you can remove the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno this will calm down a lot of the heat.
Drain and rinse the canned beans and add them to the instant pot, then add in the corn, followed by the onion, garlic, green chiles, and spices. Use a garlic press to add the garlic to the instant pot. If you don't have a garlic press just mince garlic up and add to the instant pot.
Place the chicken breasts on top of the beans and other ingredients and then place small cubes of the cream cheese on top and pour the chicken broth over the top of the chicken.
Place the lid on top of your pressure cooker. Make sure to turn the valve to “seal” and set the pressure cooker to “Beans/Chili.” If your pressure cooker does not have that setting, set it to cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Let the pressure cooker do a natural release for 10 minutes and then carefully do a quick release by opening the valve.
The instant pot takes approximately 10 minutes to come to pressure.
Remove the chicken and place in a small bowl, use two forks to shred. Or you can use your stand or hand mixer to shred the chicken even more. Add the chicken back to the instant pot and stir the chili well until all of the ingredients are combined and the cream cheese has melted.
Serve with your favorite toppings!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Make White Chili Chicken In The Slow Cooker?
You can definitely make this white chicken chili in a slow cooker instead if you'd prefer.
Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker besides the cream cheese. Cover and cook the white chicken chili on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or HIGH for 2 to 4 hours. In the last 30 minutes add in the cream cheese.
How Can I Reheat White Chicken Chili?
When reheating white chicken chili remember to go low and slow so that the creamed cheese won't separate. So cook in a pot over low/ medium-low heat until heated through. You can also use a microwave in 45 seconds to a minute increment stirring in between each one.
Can I Freeze White Chicken Chili?
Yes! I think making a double batch is the best way to make chili cook once eat twice! Once it’s cooked, simply cool before freezing in portions into freezer bags, let all the air out, and close. I like to lay them flat while they freeze and then stand them upright after so it takes up less freezer space. It will stay good in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Easy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 30 oz Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Onion, diced
- 1 ¼ cup Chicken Broth
- 4 oz Can of Green Chiles
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoon Chili
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Rinse and drain the northern beans and add them to the Instant Pot
- Add in the corn, onions, green chilis and spices.
- Place the chicken breast on top of the other ingredents and pour the chickem stock in the instant pot.
- Place the lid on top of the pressure cooker. Make sure to turn the valve to “seal” and set the pressure cooker to “Beans/Chili.” If your pressure cooker does not have that setting, set it to cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- The instant pot takes approximately 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- Let the pressure cooker do a natural release for 10 minutes and then carefully do a quick release by opening the valve.
- Remove the chicken and place in a small bowl, use two forks to shred. Or you can use your stand or hand mixer to shred the chicken even more. Add the chicken back to the instant pot and stir the chili well until all of the ingredients are combined and the cream cheese has melted.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!