This gluten free dairy free white chicken chili is my fall and winter dream in a bowl. Just sitting under a blanket, watching the leaves fall or snow fall and eating bowl after bowl of this delicious, super easy, white chicken chili. The best part- it's dairy free and naturally gluten free but still so comforting. Can you say WIN?!
Dairy Free White Chicken Chili
Shredded chicken breast, chicken stock, and Thai Kitchen's Coconut Milk (my favorite), plus lime and a handful of spices, makes the best white chicken chili I've ever had. It's zesty, creamy, a little spicy, and so so savory good!
The coconut milk is what really sells this soup. I promise, you don't taste coconut at all. Just a super savory chili. It does help to cut through the spice and broth to create this lightly creamy flavor and consistency.
Healthy White Chicken Chili
This recipe is super simple and easy to make! In a large stock pot, add Extra Virgin Olive Oil (about 2 Tbsps), and your diced veggies- red onion, green bell pepper, de-seeded Jalapeno, fire roasted tomatoes, and shredded carrot.
Saute your veggies up with your spices to really get the flavor going in the pot for a few minutes until they start to brown.
We love using Trader Joe's Chili Lime seasoning on so many things but especially in this chili. It adds the perfect amount of zest and spice!
Add chicken broth, de-thawed chicken breasts, pinto beans, and 2 bay leaves. Let this cook for one hour until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Then you can take the chicken breasts out and shred on a cutting board using two forks.
Place that beautiful juicy shredded chicken back into the pot with everything and add your lime juice and coconut milk. Stir completely and serve this amazing gluten free dairy free white chicken chili up!
Top with some avocado slices, an extra lime wedge, or whatever your favorite chili topping are.
Tag us on Instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don't forget to pin and save it for next time!
More Sweet recipes for you to love
- Sweet Onion Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Gyro Lettuce Wraps with DF Tzatziki Sauce
- Dairy Free Loaded Chicken Nachos
- Coconut Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeno (de-seeded)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Can Pinto Beans (drained)
- 2 tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoon Chili Lime Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 2 32oz Cartons of Chicken Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Can Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- In a large stock pot or soup pot, combine your diced and de-seeded jalapeno, diced green bell pepper, diced red onion, fire roasted tomatoes, and shredded carrot with the olive oil and saute until cooked through and starting to brown.
- Add seasoning and toss throughout.
- Stir in the chicken broth and add 2 bay leaves, pinto beans, and your chicken breasts.
- Cook at a simmer for 1 hour until the chicken is tender and cooked through thoroughly.
- Take the chicken out and shred on a cutting board with 2 forks.
- Place the chicken back in the pot, remove the bay leaves, and add the lime juice, and coconut milk stirring well.
- Serve with avocados or an extra lime wedge and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 2513mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.