These loaded BBQ chicken nachos are completely dairy free and completely delicious. They still have that saucy tangy taste because of the BBQ sauce and some nutritional yeast tossed in. My kids and hubby who normally refuse to eat anything that is technically "fake cheese" because, let's be real, it's normally crap, absolutely gobbled up the whole pan of these nachos. Trust me, if you are dairy free like us, or just want to cut back on dairy, these nachos are the way to go!
Game Day Nachos!
We are hard core Vikings fans in our family and it runs deep in my hubby's family especially. So fall Sundays are a big deal every year. Every football Sunday is basically like thanksgiving every time. In our house, all the appetizers, treats, snacks, and drinks come out for the afternoon. This usually means lots of unhealthy crazy food and then a very light simple dinner later that night.
When we went dairy free and gluten free in our family though, the game day appetizers had to switch up. This meant trying out dairy free nachos! Ya gotta have the nachos baby!
Enter these amazing dairy free loaded BBQ chicken nachos.
Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos
Ok so how to you get super tasty, loaded up nachos without all the cheese and dairy? This recipe has loads of peppers, onions, and BBQ pulled chicken. Using your favorite BBQ sauce (ours is usually a brown sugar BBQ sauce or a Carolina Gold type of BBQ sauce), make a simple BBQ pulled chicken layer on top of your nachos. PRO TIP: when you are done cooking your chicken through, place it in a bowl and shred using your electric beaters. Super easy, saves your fingers, and much quicker.
Layer your BBQ pulled chicken on top of your corn tortilla chips. Layer #2, veggies. A layer of diced and seeded jalapenos (if those are too hot for you, green bell pepper works great too), then a layer of diced tomatoes, and a layer of diced red onion.
Finally, nutritional yeast. Now this ingredient is the key to these nachos. Sprinkling some over the top and letting it mix with all the juices of the veggies and BBQ sauce is what gives it that hint of cheesy tangy flavor. I normally do not really like nutritional yeast. It has to be the right dairy free substitute for the meal I'm making. But for this recipe is works perfectly!
Once you've layered all of this up, feel free to add bacon bits, olives, lettuce, etc. And dig in while you watch the game or hey, I don't judge if you're just there for the food 😉
Tag us on Instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don't forget to pin and save it for next time!
More Sweet recipes for you to love
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Cilantro Lime Smashed Potatoes
- Oven Baked French Fries
- Bacon Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
- Gluten Free Corn Tortilla Chips
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Tomato
- 2 Jalapenos (diced and seeded) *SEE NOTES*
- ¼ cup - ½ cup Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- Baked or on the stove top, cook your chicken breasts completely through.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken breasts and beat with an electric beater until fully shredded (or shred by hand with forks).
- Add ¼ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce or ½ cup if you like it more saucey!
- On a large pan, lay out your corn tortilla chips.
- Layer the BBQ pulled chicken on top.
- Next layer 1 whole diced red onion.
- Then 2 Jalapeno Peppers- diced and de-seeded.
- And finally, 1 whole red tomato, diced.
- Finish by sprinkling 2-3 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast over the top.
*can use a green bell pepper (diced) if jalapenos are too spicy for you*
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 20g
Nutritional Information is not always 100% accurate.