A delicious and healthy coleslaw is a necessity in the summer. Top pulled chicken, pulled pork, BBQ, etc. with this amazing creamy dreamy healthy mango cabbage slaw. It is drool worthy and so easy to make. You get the sweetness from the mangos, a tangy bite from the vinegar and Greek yogurt, and you can add some heat with jalapenos if you like it that way (but certainly don’t need to). Either way you make it, whatever you put it on, this mango slaw recipe is so so good and a must for the summer.
Homemade Mango Cabbage Slaw
Making homemade coleslaw is so much easier than I used to think. You can buy pre-shredded cabbage if you really don’t want to cut your own cabbage (which is really easy actually). And I’ll go through how to cut your mangos nice and thin for this slaw.
How Do you slice cabbage thinly?
First things first, let’s prep the ingredients. Like I said you can always just buy a bag of pre-sliced cabbage slaw mix. But it is extremely easy to do it yourself and one cabbage head usually makes a lot more coleslaw than just one bag will.
- Cut the cabbage in half.
- Place one half down on the cutting board, flat side down.
- Begin slicing nice thin slices from the top of the head of cabbage, moving in towards the butt as you go.
- Once you’ve sliced about 2 cups worth, chop up the sliced cabbage a bit more to make sure there are no big pieces.
Super easy right?
How do you shred a mango for mango cabbage slaw?
Alright so you do not want to try to shred a mango with a shredder.
- Simply cut your mango open around the seed.
- Slice each side into smaller slices and cut the skin off.
- Finally, slice the mango pieces into smaller match stick looking slices or you can just cube the mango into bite sized pieces.
Healthy Slaw Recipe
What else should you add to your mango cabbage slaw? Well we love to add shredded or thinly sliced carrots, red onions, and if we are feeling a little spicy, we add a jalapeno.
This mango slaw is nice and healthy because we’ve replaced the mayo with Greek yogurt. That plus a little honey, vinegar, cilantro, and spices makes that tangy and creamy slaw flavor that is so addictive.
All you have to do is slice up and shred your ingredients, mix them all together in a bowl with the sauce, and then refrigerate. Remember, refrigerating your coleslaw will really help the flavor to come together even more.
Feel free to add any of these veggies to your mango slaw:
- Red Bell Pepper
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Green Onions
Top your BBQ pulled chicken, pulled pork, and fish tacos with this mango cabbage slaw. Make it as a side for any grilling or BBQ’s and bring to potlucks.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and buy, I may make a commission at no cost to you. See my policy for more information.
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out these drool worthy recipes too:
Tag us on Instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don’t forget to pin and save it for next time!
Shop The Post
- 2 cups shredded Green Cabbage
- 2 shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Whole Mango (~1 cup diced Mango)
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Cilantro
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shred you cabbage by slicing it nice and thin (best way to do this written up above).
- Shred your carrots, dice red onion small, chop up cilantro, and dice the mango.
- Add everything to a big bowl and toss together with any additional ingredients you may want (see notes)*
- Add in your Greek yogurt, vinegar, honey, and spices and mix well.
- You can eat it right away or for best results, refrigerate for a 2-3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Additional Optional Ingredients:
Red Bell Pepper
Shredded Brussels Sprouts
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.