These gluten free almond cookies are also dairy free and yet so freaking buttery tasting and delicious! Trust me, these are addictive. So easy to make, with almond and vanilla extract. These cookies are basically a gluten free and dairy free soft chewy sugar cookie with almond. Honestly, heaven in a cookie is a better way to describe them. Just give these a try and you’ll never go back!
Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookies
These cookies are made with only almond flour which makes them so soft and the texture amazing. It also compliments the whole almond flavor of the cookie.
Making these cookies is quick and easy. They are also dairy free and yet taste so buttery because of how you incorporate the coconut oil. I used triple refined coconut oil to keep the coconut taste out of the cookie. By keeping the coconut oil solid instead of melting it, it acts almost like shortening or butter would in a cookie. Because the coconut oil taste isn’t there though, when it’s mixed with the almond, vanilla, and sugar, the cookie comes out tasting almost buttery (which is always a good thing).
Making Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
These are basically soft gluten free sugar cookies with almond flavoring. Made just like a normal cookie, start by combining the dry ingredients like the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Then in a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients like the sugar, eggs, almond milk, solid coconut oil, and vanilla and almond extract.
Once the wet ingredients have been creamed together with small (dime sized) chunks of the coconut oil still solid in the batter, combine with the dry ingredients. Scoop with two tablespoons or a cookie scooper onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. The tops of these cookies don’t look very browned coming out of the oven but you don’t want to over bake. The bottoms should look golden instead.
Before baking feel free to sprinkle with slivered almonds to make these cookies all prettied up! Once they are done baking, let them cool for at least 15 minutes before moving or eating. They are soft a still gooey coming out of the oven so let them cool and set. After that enjoy!
Tag us on instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don’t forget to pin and save it for next time 😉
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out these drool worthy recipes too:
- Chickpea Molasses Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Apple Pie Coffee Cake
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Refined Coconut Oil *see notes*
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, salt).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the wet ingredients (coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, almond extract, sugar, and eggs).
- Make sure not to over beat the wet mixture. Try to keep the coconut oil from fully melting so there are still small chunks (dime sized or so) of it in the batter.
- Combine the bowls together by adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Scoop tablespoon sized scoops onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (about 1.5 inches apart) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Optional: you can sprinkle the tops with slivered almonds before baking.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 15 minutes after baking to let them set. Enjoy!
*To measure the coconut oil while keeping it solid, use a spoon to scoop and press into a 1/2 cup measuring cup*
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.