This absolutely delicious easy whole wheat zucchini bread is healthy, not overly sweet, and can be customizable by adding chopped dates or even dark chocolate chunks. This scrumptious recipe is made with maple syrup and olive oil for a moist and satisfying zucchini bread that you'll love to eat for breakfast or as a snack. The whole wheat is filling and nutritious, and the cinnamon and nutmeg give it that classic warm and spiced zucchini bread flavor. Let's dig in!
What is the healthiest flour to bake bread with?
There are definitely certain types of flours that are healthier than others. White and all purpose flours are processed to remove the bran and germ, which is wear most of the fiber and nutrients are in wheat.
Whole wheat flour can be one of the more healthy options especially if you are wanting to use a wheat flour. It holds a lot of other benefits like protein, fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
The only reason you really shouldn't eat a good whole wheat flour is if you have celiac's disease, which means you should avoid gluten- found in wheat flours.
Do you take the skin off zucchini for bread?
No, it’s tempting to remove the zucchini’s skin, but there is no need to do that. Zucchini melts into the bread, so peeling is just an unnecessary step.
The skin is where the zucchini holds a healthy dose of the nutrients lutein and zeaxanthin. These can promote healthy vision along with other health benefits.
Zucchini skin isn't like apple skin where you can taste and feel the texture greatly. It bakes into the bread and you can have a moist delicious easy whole wheat zucchini bread with less trouble and more flavor and nutrients.
Hope you enjoy this healthy easy whole wheat zucchini bread as much as we do!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and buy, I may make a commission at no cost to you. See my policy for more information.
Tag us on Instagram @grabthemangos and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don't forget to pin and save it for next time!
More Sweet recipes for you to love
- Apple Zucchini Bread (gluten free)
- Chocolate Coconut Bread (gluten free)
- Almond Flour Bread
- Fried Zucchini Fritters
- Easy Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
Shop the Post
Easy Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
This amazing whole wheat zucchini bread is moist and soft with loads of cinnamon and nutmeg flavoring. Not too sweet, with maple syrup as its sweetener. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 large Zucchini (shredded)
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Oat Milk (or other milk)
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- Optional: ½ cup or chopped dates or dark chocolate chunks for extra sweetness and flavor.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Grate your zucchini and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients: eggs, maple syrup, oat milk (or other milk), shredded zucchini, and olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- Pour your dry ingredients into the large bowl and combine everything together thoroughly. (add any extra optional ingredients here)
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick or butter knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Let it cool before cutting and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 6gSugar: 28gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.